I was inspired to do a little baking this afternoon and whipped up a tasty batch of raspberry and chocolate muffins.
My creations are a twist on this Moist Chocolate Muffin recipe that is one of the best I've tasted - very rich, tasty and, of course, moist.
Ingredients:2 cups flour
1 cup white sugar
3/4 cup chocolate chips
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup plain yogurt (flavoured is nice too)
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup canned or frozen raspberries
1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Grease muffin tray or line with paper muffin liners.
- Combine flour, sugar, 3/4 cup chocolate chips, and baking soda in a large bowl.
- Whisk egg, yogurt, milk, and vegetable oil in another bowl until smooth then add raspberries.
- Pour wet mix into dry mixture and stir until batter is just blended.
- Fill prepared muffin cups 3/4 full and sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup chocolate chips.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 20 minutes. Cool in the pans for 10 minutes before removing to cool completely on a wire rack.