Tuesday 4 December 2012

Recipe: Naomi Bars (What to do with plain digestives)

After a long, cold day outside I made myself  a creamy hot chocolate as an evening treat. But my enjoyment was shattered when tucking into a fresh packet of cookies I discover, much to my horror, that I have bought plain digestives instead of chocolate ones.

In the vain of "When Life Gives You Lemons" I present: Naomi Bars...


Naomi Bars

Base

  • 115g butter
  • 2 tblsp cocoa
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 60g sugar
  • 1tsp vanilla
  • 90g coconut
  • 250g pkt digestive biscuits, crushed to crumbs

  1. Melt butter, cocoa and sugar together in a saucepan over low heat.
  2. Remove from heat and add beaten egg, vanilla, biscuit crumbs and coconut.
  3. Spoon mixture into greased slice tin and level.
  4. Refrigerate for 30 mins until cold.

Topping

  • 60g butter
  • 3 tblsp milk
  • 225g icing sugar
  • 2 tblsp custard powder
  • 60g chocolate

  1. Cream butter and gradually add milk, icing sugar and custard powder.
  2. Beat until smooth.
  3. Spread topping over base mixture and refrigerate for at least 2 hrs.
  4. Melt chocolate in a bowl over hot water and trickle from a tsp on to base.

No comments:

Post a Comment