Sunday 31 October 2010

Champagne and cake - all in a days work

I got a job! A temp job! Until Wednesday...

If you've been reading you'll see I went to an interview on Thursday, but this is another role.

Without wanting to name-names I'm now processing orders for a well-known luxury goods and cosmetics firm - let's call them the Designer.

Finding out that I was working for an elite company made me both excited and nervous - ooo it's going to be fancy-pants, but possibly pretentious.

But I was totally wrong on both points.

The Designer is in an understated office in southern greater London and staffed with some of the loveliest and most down to earth people I've meet since moving here.

My work is fairly simple and involves processing fax and email orders for the flat out customer service team - simple but it keeps me busy.

The office is filled with perfume and makeup as are the bathrooms  it's makeover heaven. And the kitchen has the coolest - and yummiest - coffee machine I've ever seen.

Friday flew by and around 4:30pm the big boss came downstairs along with other office workers to fill us up with champagne and cake (one of the perks of working at a company that has stakes in wine!).

So bring on tomorrow - my second day at work in three months!

No comments:

Post a Comment